What are the dimensions of the unit?
- The dimensions of the VOS and HURON models are 9'-6"W x 11'-2"D x 10'-7"H
- The dimensions of the PREMIER and MONARCH models are 12'-6"W x 8'-6"D x 11'-6"H
Does the Bunkie require a building permit?
- No, at 106 sqft all Bunkie models has been designed specifically to avoid the requirement for a building permit.
- Local zoning bylaws can still have precedence, we advise all clients to check with their local zoning bylaws.
How is the Bunkie Shipped?
- The Bunkie is prefabricated, flat packed and shipped via delivery truck. For example, a 26' rental truck will fit one Bunkie with optional furniture.
- In the case of long distance and overseas orders, shipping is available to the nearest freight depot.
- When delivering directly to site, consider how to remove large creates from delivery truck by use of skid steer or other.
What type of foundation does it sit on?
- We propose different options depending on the site:
- For PREMIER and MONARCH, a concrete pad 12'L x 8'W x 8"H, 4" submerged in the ground and with integrated re-bar
- For VOS and HURON, a concrete pad 9'L x 10'-8"W x 8"H, 4" submerged in the ground and with integrated re-bar
- Sonotubes with pressure treated wooden cross members
- "Grade beams" (either concrete curbs or pressure-treated 4 x 4s on beds of tamped limestone screening
What are the R&U Ratings? (Walls, Base, Ceiling, Windows, Door)
- R factors: Walls - R24 / Ceiling - R24 / Base - R24
- The walls and base are treated typically with Roxul batt insulation
- U Factors: Windows & Doors - U0.28
What type of plywood is used?
- The Bunkie is made of Canadian fir and spruce structural plywood. The interior is made from Maple faced formaldehyde-free Purebond plywood and veneer core decorative panelling
Does the chimney detail create any snow load or water issues?
- The roof has been structurally engineered to exceed snow load requirements at every point in the multi-faceted CNC cut profile
- The roof design features an integrated cricket to ensure proper runoff
What type of Roof Finishing does it have?
- The roof is clad with the same material that is chosen for the wall cladding. Beneath the cladding there is an impermeable, waterproof drainage membrane
Does The Bunkie have ventilation?
- Ventilation is through a large tilt-turn window. Cross ventilation is achieved by using the tilt-turn window in unison with the entrance door - a retractable screen may be purchased for an additional fee.
- Two adjustable valves are included with each kit which allows air flow when Bunkie is not in use for extended periods of time. This helps to prevent unwanted odours over time.
What is the size of the Murphy bed?
- Queen Size Murphy Bed (80"L x 60"W)
- Twin Size Murphy Bed (75"L x 40"W)
- Mattress is not included
Is there an upper loft bed?
- Currently only one wall bed is being offered
- We are not offering an upper loft bed at the moment due to structural requirements, further details will be provided when available.
Do both glass walls have a door?
- One side of The Bunkie has an entrance door, the other side comes equipped with a tilt-turn window that also has the ability to function as a door. Note: You must request to remove the standard tilt-turn window screen if you wish to use it as a door
Where is the kitchen?
- The Bunkie has been designed as an auxiliary building to an existing home, we do not provide solutions for running water at this time
- You may purchase a basic Bunkie with no features and work with your own contractor to customize
Can multiple Bunkies be joined together?
- It is possible to purchase two Bunkies, install them separately and connect them visually with a breezeway, deck and/or trellis
- Please visit our Gallery for inspiration
Where is the bathroom?
- The Bunkie has been designed as an auxiliary building to an existing home. We do not provide solutions for running water at this time
- However if you were to purchase two Bunkies, one could be used as a kitchen / bathroom and the other for sleeping/playing
- A composting toilet is a viable option, please contact us for recommendations
Does the ethanol fireplace require ventilation?
- The ethanol fireplace is a standalone unit that does not require ventilation or a fuel line